Subscribe to Blog via Email
Hours & Info
6 pm - 8 am
Humor, Satire, and Cartoons
- The Best Jokes of 2021 December 2, 2021“Ted Lasso,” Mark Zuckerberg’s metaverse, and more of the year’s comic relief.Ian Crouch
- Christmas and Divorce: Who Gets the Kids? December 2, 2021In “Like the Ones I Used to Know,” directed by Annie St. Pierre, a divorced dad has an awkward Christmas Eve at his former in-laws’ house, where even his kids make him feel out of place.
- The First Christmas Following a Divorce December 2, 2021The fictional short film “Like the Ones I Used to Know,” by Annie St-Pierre, captures a family in transition, in early-eighties Quebec.
- Name Drop: Thursday, December 2, 2021 December 2, 2021Can you guess the notable person in six clues or fewer?Matt Jackson
- Ah, Another Beautiful Morning—Time to Ruin It by Immediately Opening My Phone December 2, 2021I appreciate the still moments in life. Then I open Twitter and my day is over.Eli Grober
- Trump’s COVID Coverup December 2, 2021During the 2020 campaign, the former President tested positive days before debating Joe Biden and kept it secret.David Remnick
- Victimhood and Vulnerability in the Ghislaine Maxwell Trial December 2, 2021The former socialite and associate of Jeffrey Epstein’s has been compared by one of her attorneys to the Biblical Eve, a woman asked to pay for the sins of the man, as if a woman can’t also make a perfectly legitimate criminal.Naomi Fry
- “Licorice Pizza,” Reviewed: Paul Thomas Anderson’s Thrilling Coming-of-Age Story December 1, 2021With audacity and insight, the filmmaker fuses a comedic romp of romance and self-discovery with a sharp debunking of classic Hollywood myths and heroes.Richard Brody
- Dear Pepper: The Power of No December 1, 2021The truth is that there really aren’t enough polite ways to say no.Liana Finck
- Dr. Oz Hopes to Replace Rand Paul as Biggest Quack in Senate December 1, 2021Oz said that Paul, a former ophthalmologist, has shown an impressive obliviousness about medicine while serving in Washington, but added, “I think I can out-quack him.”Andy Borowitz