Spread the love
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Hours & Info
6 pm - 8 am
Humor, Satire, and Cartoons
- It’s Climate Week Again, but the Calendar Is Running Out September 21, 2021A slow transition away from carbon will be costlier than a fast one, but each year that we keep spewing carbon is a year in which fossil-fuel companies’ current business models stay intact.Bill McKibben
- “Little Girl,” Reviewed: A Brilliantly Directed Documentary About a Transgender Child September 20, 2021A French girl’s confrontation with transphobia reveals the country’s hidden fractures and her own strength of character.Richard Brody
- Jelani Cobb on the Kerner Report, an Unheeded Warning About the Consequences of Racism September 20, 2021More than half a century after the report was published, white America still struggles to acknowledge the Kerner Commission’s conclusion: racism is the root cause of inequality in the United States.
- How (Not) to Tax Billionaires September 20, 2021A plan from House Democrats targets the merely rich rather than the plutocrats, insuring that our new Gilded Age will continue.John Cassidy
- Decoding the Author Photo September 20, 2021Well-Lit, Flattering Photo: This person either is dating a photographer or hired a publicist. Blurry Photo: This person writes highbrow fiction.Blythe Roberson
- An Insider from the Purdue Pharma Bankruptcy Speaks Out September 20, 2021A new memoir by a victims’ advocate describes a process that seemed fixed from the start.Patrick Radden Keefe
- Slide Show: New Yorker Cartoons September 27, 2021, Issue September 20, 2021Cartoons from the magazine.
- Untelevised Moments from the Emmy Awards September 19, 2021Don’t miss Ted Lasso’s mustache running wild in the gifting suite!Emily Flake
- The Lost Art of Leaving a Voice Mail September 19, 2021It’s important to act startled, even though nothing about the situation is surprising.Hilary Fitzgerald Campbell
- You’ve Been Talking a Big Game About Living like a Decadent Widow—yet Richard Lives! September 18, 2021Of other women it might be said that their husbands have died, but only you have made widowhood an art.Daniel M. Lavery