Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 742 other subscribers
Hours & Info
6 pm - 8 am
Humor, Satire, and Cartoons
- How “The Victorias” Brought Local History to Life August 10, 2022In a blend of improv and education, the group of actors in Ethan Fuirst’s documentary enabled visitors to the Tenement Museum to speak with a teen-ager from the past.
- The Crossword: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 August 10, 2022Certain airplane movement: three letters.Will Nediger
- Becoming Victoria Confino August 10, 2022In Ethan Fuirst’s “The Victorias,” seven Tenement Museum actors reflect on the impact of their roles as a fourteen-year-old Sephardic immigrant in 1916.
- Name Drop: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 August 10, 2022Can you guess the notable person in six clues or fewer?Liz Maynes-Aminzade
- Our Upcoming Theatrical Season August 10, 2022“Like Oedipus but Edgy” tells the familiar Greek tragedy, but with a fresh spin: Oedipus swears now!Graham Techler
- Olivia Newton-John’s Tale of Two Sandys August 10, 2022The singer and actress, who died on Monday at seventy-three, was a good girl at heart, even after her role in “Grease” gave her a taste of the glory in being bad.Rachel Syme
- The Erotic Passion and Biblical Fury of King Vidor’s “Ruby Gentry” August 9, 2022The stark melodrama is part of a Film at Lincoln Center retrospective of the most openly philosophical of Hollywood directors.Richard Brody
- After the Trump Raid, Silence Is Not an Option for Merrick Garland August 9, 2022The F.B.I. search of Mar-a-Lago will either strengthen or erode public trust in the Justice Department and its leader.David Rohde
- What the F.B.I. Would Find If They Raided My Safe August 9, 2022A Motorola Razr with the last voice mail my ex-girlfriend Cindy left, twelve hundred dollars in savings bonds, Season 5 of “The Amazing Race,” and other fun things.Benjamin Flores
- Daily Cartoon: Tuesday, August 9th August 9, 2022A look at the F.B.I.’s search of Mar-a-Lago.Adam Douglas Thompson